Entrepreneurship - Hungary - Universities
The Budapest University of Technology and Economics (BME) is a prestigious higher education institution in Hungary. Its main mission is to educate professionals for the industry in the disciplines of technology, informatics, natural sciences, economics, business and management. The university’s mission, inseparable from the education, is to cultivate the sciences, to make scientific research, which encompasses fundamental and applied research, technological product and service development, and exploitation of results making up the innovation chain.
The faculties in the university:
- Faculty of Civil Engineering (ÉMK)
- Faculty of Mechanical Engineering (GPK)
- Faculty of Architecture (ÉPK)
- Faculty of Chemical Technology and Biotechnology (VBK)
- Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Informatics (VIK)
- Faculty of Transportation Engineering and Vehicle Engineering (KJK)
- Faculty of Natural Sciences (TTK)
- Faculty of Economic and Social Sciences (GTK)
Szent István University (SZIU) consists of eight different faculties for study and research hosting approximately 15,000 students.
SZIU participates in activities in all areas of agricultural sciences and in disciplines of natural, mechanical and social sciences necessary for the development of agriculture, food, and rural economics.
To achieve these goals, the following programmes are specifically featured in the training and research portfolio: rural development, agricultural science, horticulture, viticulture, oenology, food science, food safety, agricultural economics, water management, agri-food mechanical engineering, renewable energy management, environment and landscape management, landscape architecture, management of agricultural and manmade rural environment, architecture, and civil engineering.